Dr. (Mrs.) Ani Thomas is Professor and Head of the Department of Information Technology in Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg. She obtained her Masters degree in Computer Applications from Govt Engg. College, Raipur and PhD degree in 2013 from Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda University. Dr. Thomas is Researcher focusing her research in exploring text mining techniques for machine learning. She has many reputed publications in her credit: 13 in international journals, 2 in national journals, 9 in International Conferences and 19 in National Conferences. She has won one Best Paper Award in national Conf. and secured Second position in TAC Knowledge Base Population Track conducted by NIST, govt of USA. She has Organized Workshop and delivered Keynote in ACM SIGSOFT Conference, held at Jaipur in Feb this year. She is nominated as a DRC member of the Institute and member of the Board of Studies, Examination Committee and syllabus formation committee at CSVTU.
Dr. Ani Thomas
|Date of Joining||12-11-1999|
|Nature of Association||Regular|
|Designation||Professor & Head|
|Educational Qualification||PhD, MCA, B.Sc (Maths)|
|Contact Number||Extension No. -507, Global Directory No. -8111|
Areas of Interest
Text Mining, Machine learning
- “Automatic Subject Indexing: a bootstrapping approach through text mining operations” – International Journal of Engineering Research and Industrial Applications, Vol 1, No. V.
- “Intelligent Fuzzy Decision Making for Subjective Answer Evaluation using Utility Functions”, IEEE Explore release 2.5, ISBN: 978-0-7695- 3267-7.
- “Fuzzy Decision Making for Automatic Answer Evaluation in Restricted Domains” - Reflections des ERA – Journal of Mathematical Sciences, Vol 3, No.1, (Feb 2008).
- “An Intelligent Hybrid tool for finding and organizing relevant text documents” –International Journal of Computer Science and Applications, Vol 2 , No. 1 (May2009).
- “Recognizing Multi objective Decision making features in Subjective Question Answering”- International Journal on Computer Engineering and Information Technology, Vol 1, No. 1, 2009 published by Scientific Engineering Research Corporation, USA.
- “What makes an unbiased evaluation towards Subjective Answer Assessments”- International Journal of Information Processing (IJIP), Vol 4, No. 2 (2010), pg. 61-68.
- “A Comparative Analysis for exploring Answer Subjectivity”, - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Theory and Practice ( IJCITP ) , Vol 5, No 2 (2010).
- “Extracting Noun Phrases in Subject and Object Roles for Exploring Text Semantics”, International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE), Vol. 3, No. 1, (2011), pp. 1-7.
- “Exploring Text Semantics to extract Key-fragments for Model Answers”- IEEE Xplore and IEEE CS Digital Library, DOI: http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/ARTCom.2010.110.
- “Fuzzy Grading for Content Management in E-Learning Systems” International Journal of Computer Applications , Vol. 1 No.18 , (ISBN: 978-93-80746-17-3)
- “Detection & Prevention of Terrorist Activities Using GIS and Remote Sensing”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 1 No.14 , (ISBN: 978-93-80746-13-5)
- “Machine Learning Approach for resolving Pronominal Anaphora using Hindi Dependency Treebank”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, Vol. 4, No. 2, (March 2015), pp. 155-159.
- “Exploring Semantic Information from Hindi Dependency TreeBank for Resolving Pronominal Anaphora”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Special issue on Knowledge, Innovation in Technology and Engineering, (ISBN: 973-93-80887-74-2), 2015.
- “Machine Learning Approach upon Text from Varied Publishing Formats” Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 4, Issue (11), Pages 16-20, November,20 (2016) E-ISSN : 2320 – 6527 .
- “An Algorithm to Quantify Sentiments of Product Reviews for a Given Feature using Text Mining”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing IJESC, ISSN 2321 3361 © 2017.
- “A Relative study of factors and approaches for Hindi Anaphora Resolution”, International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering, Vol. 7, Issue 12, Dec 2017, pp. 176-179, ISSN: 2249-0558.
- “A Survey on Anaphora Resolution Toolkits”, International Journal for Research in Applied science and Engineering Technology”, Vol. 5, No. 12, Dec 2017, ISSN: 2321-9653.
- “Role of Page Accessions for Drafting Precise and Complete Answer Keys” – Indian Journal of Technical Education (IJTE), Special Issue on Revolutionary Trends in IT, April 2012, pp-139-144.
- “Subjective Question Answering Frameworks: A review for Advanced Studies”, CSVTU Research Journal, Vol 5 (2012), pp. 63-69.
- “Automatic Generation of Back-Of-The-Book-Index: An Integrated Approach through Text Mining Operations” - Proceedings of International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Systems’, NEC Kovilpatti, Tamil Nadu, January 2006 , Pg 416 – 423.
- “Learning Ontologies and Semantic Concept Spaces for Automatic Document Relevance Ranking” - Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on “Resource Utilization and Intelligent Systems”, to be held at Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, Tamil Nadu, India from 3rd – 5th January 2008, Pg 591-595.
- “Intelligent Fuzzy Decision making for subjective answer evaluations using utility functions”- Proceedings of International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, ICETET’ 08, that shall be held at G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur, INDIA during 16th – 17th July 2008, pg 45.
- “What makes an unbiased evaluation towards Subjective Answer Assessments”- Proceedings of Third International Conference on Information Processing
(ICIP 2009, Bangalore), August 2009.
- “Exploring Text Semantics to extract Key-fragments for Model Answers”- Proc. Of Second International Conference on Advances in Recent technologies in Communication and Computing, Kerala, India held on 16-17 October 2010, pp. 255-257.
- “Bhilai Institute of Technology Durg at TAC 2010: Knowledge Base Population Task Challenge”, Proc. of Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2010), National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
- “Combating Man-made disaster using Remote Sensing” - International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, ICETET’ 09, held at G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur, 16th – 18th Dec 2009
- “Flood Prevention using GIS and Remote Sensing” - Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, ACRS 08, Colombo, Srilanka, 10-14 Nov 2008.
- “ARPANI@BIT_DURG: KBP English Slot-filling Task Challenge “-
Proc. Of Text analysis Conference (TAC 2013), National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
- “Subjective Model Answer Generation Tool for Digital Evaluation Systems” Joint Proceedings of the 3rd Modelling Symposium (ModSym), Developmental Aspects of Intelligent Adaptive Systems (DIAS), and Educational Data Mining Practices in Indian Academia (EDUDM) co-located with 10th Innovations in Software Engineering (ISEC 2017), Jaipur, India, February 5, 2017
- “Innovative Evolutionary Algorithm Approach for Class-Teacher Timetabling Problem” Proceedings of the Educational Data Mining Practices in Indian Academia (EDUDM) co-located with 10th Innovations in Software Engineering (ISEC 2017), Jaipur, India, February 5, 2017
- “Lexico-Semantic Analysis of Essays in Hindi Language” Proceedings of the Educational Data Mining Practices in Indian Academia (EDUDM) co-located with 10th Innovations in Software Engineering (ISEC 2017), Jaipur, India, February 5, 2017
- “PC- Telephony – Voice Over Internet Protocol Communications” - Proceedings of National Conference on Advanced Communication Techniques’ , BIT, Durg, April 2005 , Pg 290 – 297.
- “Automatic Generation of Back-Of-The-Book-Index : An Integrated Approach through Text Mining Operations” - Proceedings of 4th Chhattisgarh Young Scientists Congress , Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur, March 2006, Pg 50.
- “A Framework for Automatic Answer Evaluation in Restricted Domains” - Proceedings of National Conference : ‘EGYAN-06’ on Applications of Information Technology, Emerging Trends in the section of Fifth Generation Techniques , Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore, August 2006 , Pg 23.
- “Conversion of a relation schema in BCNF to 4NF” - Proceedings of National Conference on Software and Emerging Technologies’ , Chouksy Engineering College, Bilaspur- September 2006 , Pg 9.
- “Formulating Semantic Concept Spaces for Relevance Ranking of Text Documents” - Proceedings of National Conference : ‘BITCON-07’ on Technological Advancements in Processing and Decision making, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, March 2007, Pg 40-44.
- “Fuzzy Decision Making for Automatic Answer Evaluation with Bootstrapped Ontologies” - Proceedings of National Conference : ‘BITCON-07’ on Recent trends of Mathematics in Science and Technology, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, March 2007, Pg 62-66.
- “An Automated Tool for Relevancy ranking of text documents using bootstrapping semantics” - Proceedings of National Conference –‘TECHNOVISION 07’ , Sri Shankaracharya College of Engineering & Technology,Bhilai, 26-27 October 2007 , Pg 41-47.
- “Innovations in Robot Vision for Performing Underwater Tasks” - Proceedings of National Conference –‘TECHNOVISION 07’ , Sri Shankaracharya College of Engineering & Technology,Bhilai, 26-27 October 2007 , Pg 216-221.
- “Contextual question Answering as an add-on tool for Digital Libraries” - Proceedings of Colloquium on Mobile Communications and Data & Knowledge Engineering, School of Studies in Computer Science & IT, Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University, Raipur, 2nd – 3rd January 2009.
- “An Evaluation Framework for subjective answers using Fuzzy Logic” - Proceedings of National Conference –NCKMS 09 , Govt V.Y.T PG college,Durg, October 2009.
- “Knowledge Management for Expert E-Tutoring System” - Proceedings of National Conference –NCKMS 09 , Govt V.Y.T PG college,Durg, October 2009.
- “Finding Meaningful Sentential Components from Free Text for Fuzzy QA Evaluation”, - Proceedings of National Seminar on Application of Fuzzy logic & modern trends in Applied Maths, BIT, Durg, 8-9th July 2010.
- “Fuzzy Ordering with Ranking Refinements for Text Document Relevance”- National Seminar on Emerging areas in Pure & Applied Mathematics, Kalyan College, Bhilai, 25-26 Nov, 2011
- ““Knowledge Acquisition in Rural Areas using Mobile knowledge Library “-National Conference on Advanced Computer Applications for Rural Development in the Context of Chhattisgarh State, BIT- Durg, 8-9 March 2013.
- “Hierarchical Back index generation for e-books” -National Conference on Advanced Computer Applications for Rural Development in the Context of Chhattisgarh State, BIT- Durg, 8-9 March 2013.
- “Intelligent Machine Assisted Vocabulary Generation for NER attributes” – National Conf on Recent Advances in Statistics and Applications, SOS in Statistics, RSSU, Raipur, Nov. 15-17, 2013.
- “Machine Learning Approach for resolving Pronominal Anaphora using Hindi Dependency Treebank”, National Conference on Recent Advances in Machine Learning And Soft Computing Approaches (BITCON 2015), 20-21 Feb 2015.
- “Issues, Survey and Challenges for improving the performance of Anaphora Resolution Tools”, National Conference on Recent Advances in Machine Learning And Soft Computing Approaches (BITCON 2015), 20-21 Feb 2015.
- “Exploring Semantic Information from Hindi Dependency Tree Bank for Resolving Pronominal Anaphora”, National Conference on Knowledge, Innovation in Technology and Engineering (NCKITE 2015), Kruti Institute of Technology and Engineering, Raipur, April 10-11,2015.
- “A Survey of Approaches for Allocating Resources in Timetabling” in national Conference BITCON 2017 held at BHILAI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, DURG on 28th March 2017.
COMMUNICATED AND ACCEPTED
- “An Architectural Framework for automatic answer evaluation in restricted domains”- Accepted for International Conference on Computer Design, Las Vegas, U.S.A, June 2006 conducted by World Academy of Science.
- “The Role of Answer Keys in Subjective Question-Answering Assessments”- Accepted for International conference on Man Machine Systems, Unimap, Malaysia Perlis, Malaysia, October 2009.
- “Fuzzy Bayesian Decision Making for Finding Precision-Recall in Candidate Answers” – Accepted for International Conference on Intellectual Capital and Knowledge management, Montreal, Canada.
- “Modeling Text Documents to gain Page-Accessions for Topic-Spotting“ 3rd International Conference On Machine Learning And Computing (ICMLC 2011), http://www.icmlc.org/, February 26-28, 2011, Singapore.
- “Automatic Subject Indexing: a bootstrapping approach through text mining operations” –Accepted for publishing at International Journal, WSEAS, Athens, Greece.
- “Automated Tool Design of Subjective Question Answering using text mining”, Lambert Academic Publication, Germany, ISBN 978-3-659-51997-0, Feb 2014.
- “Machine-Assisted Digital Evaluation Of Subjective Question-Papers For Annual Course Examinations” in the e-Book on Advanced Computer Applications for Digital India: Proposals in the Context of Chhattisgarh State (Central India) (compiled from Chhattisgarh Council of Science and Technology (CCOST) Raipur, ISBN 978-93-5258-574-8, Vol. 01, 2016, pp. 98-104.
- Best Paper Award in Technovision ’07 – a national level Technical Conference organized by Department of Computer Applications, SSCET, Bhilai
- Second Position in the International Software Project contest on Text Mining (dataset- approx. 8 Lakh Knowledge bases) organized by Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2013) conducted by NIST, Govt. of USA.
- Workshop Organizer and Keynote Speaker in the one day workshop track “Educational Data Mining Practices in Indian Academia” of ACM SIGIO - 10th Innovations in Software Engineering Conference (ISEC 2017) held on 5th Feb 2017 sponspored by Google, Microsoft, etc
- Delivered Expert Lecture on “Information Retrieval and Knowledge Management” and Session Chair in International Conference on “Innovations and Sustainable Development in Sciences, Management and Technology” organized by SSIPMT, Raipur on 26th March 2017.
- Keynote Speaker on “Information Science & Green Libraries” in National Conference AICON 2016 organized by CSIT, Durg on 23rd April 2016.
- Delivered Guest Lecture on “Applications of Computer Science in Teaching, Learning and Research” in National Workshop on Comp Applications in Science, Teaching, Learning and Research, Govt E Raghvendra College, Bhilaspur, Feb 1-2, 2013.
- Advisory Board Member for National Seminar on Business Process Innovation through advanced IT, Poona Institute of Management Sciences and Entrepreneurship, PUNE, March 10-12, 2011.
- Delivered Guest Lecture on “Text Mining Real time apps and projects” in AICTE sponsored staff development programme on “Advances in Web Technologies and Data Mining” organized by CSIT, Durg during 13-25 April 2009.
- Session Chairperson for national Conference AICON-2010 organized by CSIT, Durg
- Delivered Expert Talk on “Natural Language Processing” in Workshop on “Recent Trends of computer Techniques in Computer Applications” organized by Raipur Institute of Technology( RITEE), Raipur on 22nd Jan 2009.
- Research Paper Reviewer for 2014 IEEE Students' Technology Symposium (IEEE TechSym 2014), 28 February - 2 March, 2014, IIT Kharagpur.
- Research Paper Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Control (IC4-2015), 10-12 Sept, Medi-Caps Group of Institutions, Indore (M.P.)